- Cape honey bees suspected to have killed 63 African penguinson September 19, 2021 at 7:15 am
Preliminary investigations have indicated that 63 African penguins found dead at the Boulders African penguin colony in Simonstown were stung by a swarm of Cape honey bees.
- COVID-19 LIVE UPDATES | New Zealand sees small increase in daily Covid-19 cases over weekendon September 19, 2021 at 5:17 am
Coronavirus live updates
- ‘The ANC will not collapse in my hands,’ vows Ramaphosaby email@example.com (Amanda Khoza) on September 18, 2021 at 5:50 pm
President Cyril Ramaphosa on Saturday said he believes that the upcoming local government election are going to unite and consolidate the ANC and its members.
- Free State man faces attempted murder charge for stabbing 14-year-old girlon September 18, 2021 at 2:02 pm
A 30-year-old Free State man is facing an attempted murder charge for allegedly stabbing a 14-year-old girl multiple times in Bethlehem.
- Ex-FNB staffer charged over R400,000 theft from wealthy German’s accounton September 18, 2021 at 12:17 pm
A former FNB employee has been arrested for allegedly stealing R400,000 from a German national’s bank account.
- Giraffes fight fair by picking on a rival their own size, SA research findsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Paul Ash) on September 18, 2021 at 11:09 am
When it comes to sparring over mates, giraffes - unlike the average human bar brawler - tend to pick on rivals their own size.
- Police probing death of two men on fishing vessel off Cape west coaston September 18, 2021 at 10:40 am
An investigation is under way into the death of two men on board a fishing vessel off the Cape west coast on Friday.
- Australian police clash with anti-lockdown protesters, arrest nearly 270on September 18, 2021 at 10:21 am
Australia's police arrested 235 people in Melbourne and 32 in Sydney on Saturday at unsanctioned anti-lockdown rallies and several police officers were injured in clashes with protesters.
- Tito Mboweni calls for ‘real transformation’, says white citizens should learn an African languageby email@example.com (Cebelihle Bhengu) on September 18, 2021 at 10:00 am
The former minister said if SA ignores the issue of reconciliation, everyone will lose.
- Cape candle firm boss in court for Covid-19 relief fund fraudon September 18, 2021 at 9:56 am
The Hawks have swooped on a Western Cape candle maker for alleged Covid-19 relief fund fraud.
- Police officer and court interpreter bust for illegal dealing in rhino hornon September 18, 2021 at 9:51 am
The Hawks have swooped on a police officer and a court interpreter for alleged illegal rhino horn dealing.
- Courier firm’s Dial-a-Naaimasjien ad not offensive, watchdog rulesby firstname.lastname@example.org (Nivashni Nair) on September 18, 2021 at 9:30 am
A TV advertisement, which was clearly crafted in a way that plays on the more vulgar meaning of the word “naai”, will not be pulled off screens.
- Covid-19 in numbers: Get the latest figureson September 18, 2021 at 9:27 am
Your one place to get daily updates on coronavirus in SA.
- All the news about the coronavirus pandemic in SA and abroadon September 18, 2021 at 9:16 am
For all the latest coverage on covid-19 and coronavirus
- Gauteng school principal fired for demanding a kiss from his PAon September 18, 2021 at 9:00 am
A Pretoria school principal fired for inappropriately hugging his personal assistant and demanding a kiss has failed in a bid for reinstatement.
- Six Joburg parachutists survive crash after ‘pilot error’ dooms ex-warplaneby email@example.com (Dave Chambers) on September 18, 2021 at 8:37 am
Six parachutists and the co-pilot were knocked unconscious but survived when their plane crashed at Carletonville Aerodrome, home of the Johannesburg Skydiving Club.
- Covid-19 doctors ready to take the plunge in snorkel masks when next wave hitsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Dave Chambers) on September 18, 2021 at 8:09 am
When the next Covid-19 wave crashes down on healthworkers, snorkelling equipment could save them.
- COVID-19 WRAP | SA records 3,286 new cases of Covid-19 in 24 hourson September 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Coronavirus live updates
- Seconds from disaster as air traffic control’s late start leaves planes on collision courseby email@example.com (Dave Chambers) on September 18, 2021 at 7:42 am
An investigation is under way after two planes carrying a total of 72 people narrowly avoided a potential disaster at George airport in the southern Cape.
- Literary double for Maties as poet and novelist are hailed for the write stuffon September 18, 2021 at 7:41 am
Two Stellenbosch University creative writers have received awards for their literary work.