- Gauteng leads with new Covid-19 cases as SA records 13,155 caseson June 20, 2021 at 6:16 pm
SA recorded 13,155 new Covid-19 cases in the past 24 hours, the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) said on Sunday.
- Electronic hospital bed management dashboard and extra medics to help Gauteng deal with Covid-19 surgeon June 20, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Additional personnel are being appointed to add to the 5,521 Covid-19 posts filled as of June 1, in addition to military medics.
- Deterioration of SA's secondary road network a cause for concernon June 20, 2021 at 3:54 pm
SA's secondary and tertiary intercity road networks continue to experience ongoing deterioration, so much so that both the efficiency and cost of moving freight on the network face severe challenges.
- 'Diamonds' at KwaHlathi are actually quartz crystals, says governmenton June 20, 2021 at 3:18 pm
Ravi Pillay, the KwaZulu-Natal economic development, tourism and environmental affairs MEC, told a media briefing on Sunday that tests conducted conclusively revealed that the stones discovered were not diamonds as some had hoped.
- New compensation offer made over Suez Canal blockageon June 20, 2021 at 2:03 pm
The owners of a container ship that blocked the Suez Canal in March have made a new offer in a compensation dispute with the canal authority, and a court ruling on the case was postponed for two weeks on Sunday to allow more time for negotiations.
- Hawks say they have no knowledge of Shepherd Bushiri being in the countryby Mawande@sundaytimes.co.za (Belinda Pheto) on June 20, 2021 at 1:29 pm
In a post on Facebook on Sunday, Bushiri hit out at 'baseless presumptions'.
- Fire at laundry room of Bara hospital quickly containedon June 20, 2021 at 12:07 pm
A small fire broke out at Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital's laundry area on Sunday but was swiftly contained with staff using on-site fire extinguishers, said the Gauteng health department.
- Praise and condemnation for Iran's new hardline presidenton June 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Following are some world reactions to the election of Ebrahim Raisi as president of Iran.
- Afghan president replaces two top ministers, army chief as violence growson June 20, 2021 at 11:49 am
Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has replaced his defence and interior ministers and the army chief of staff amid rising casualties among Afghanistan's security forces in sharply increased fighting with the Taliban.
- Mpumalanga woman turns to police after false sex advert is created in her nameby Mawande@sundaytimes.co.za (Belinda Pheto) on June 20, 2021 at 11:33 am
Mom says her phone was flooded with calls, texts and WhatsApp messages from men who were requesting her sexual services, based on a fake advert.
- Geyser tips, airline perfume policies and pre-inspections for homesby email@example.com (Wendy Knowler) on June 20, 2021 at 11:10 am
Switch off your geyser from time to time, especially during peak electricity demand periods, but it’s best to not let it get cold, as this additional contraction-expansion cycle could decrease the life span of your geyser, while also consuming […]
- Airlines, holiday companies ramp up pressure on Britain to ease travel ruleson June 20, 2021 at 11:03 am
Britain's airlines and holiday companies are planning a “day of action” on Wednesday to ramp up pressure on the government to ease travel restrictions, with just weeks to go before the start of the peak summer season.
- WATCH | Arctic ice is receding 'more quickly than ever'on June 20, 2021 at 10:27 am
Markus Rex, the leader of the ‘Mosaic’ expedition said that the Arctic ice is receding at a rate far faster than ever with several tipping points in the climate system.
- The race to save African-American cemeteries from being 'erased'on June 20, 2021 at 10:03 am
Frank Washington was making preparations to bury his aunt in a small family cemetery in the historic Virginia community of Thoroughfare when he found a gate barring access to the graveyard.
- Coelacanth once labelled a 'living fossil' surprises scientists againon June 20, 2021 at 9:36 am
The coelacanth — a wondrous fish that was thought to have gone extinct along with the dinosaurs 66 million years ago before unexpectedly being found alive and well in 1938 off SA's east coast — is offering up even more surprises.
- Suspect killed, female family member arrested after 'shooters' celebrate cop's deathon June 20, 2021 at 8:41 am
The suspects were confronted by officers while "celebrating the death of a policeman."
- All the news about the coronavirus pandemic in SA and abroadon June 20, 2021 at 8:14 am
For all the latest coverage on covid-19 and coronavirus
- WATCH | Refugee doctor fights Covid-19 in Ugandaon June 20, 2021 at 7:41 am
Samuel Dhol Ayuen fled South Sudan as a teenager.
- Sudan signs nine concession deals for gold, copper miningon June 20, 2021 at 7:00 am
Sudan on Thursday signed nine concession agreements for gold and copper mining with eight local and foreign companies, the state news agency SUNA said.
- Uganda imposes new anti-coronavirus measures to stem raging pandemicon June 20, 2021 at 6:55 am
Uganda's president Yowreri Museveni on Friday introduced sweeping new anti-coronavirus measures including a ban on all vehicular movement except for essential workers to help curb a second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic gripping the nation.