- 'You're killing the ANC': Kgalema Motlanthe warns NEC over factionalismby firstname.lastname@example.org (Andisiwe Makinana) on September 18, 2021 at 10:05 pm
Your factionalism is killing the ANC. This was the stark warning ANC heavyweight Kgalema Motlanthe gave the party's national executive committee (NEC) this week.
- 'Where was the ANC in the past three years?'- Soweto residents tackle Cyril Ramaphosa over electricityon September 18, 2021 at 10:04 pm
President Cyril Ramaphosa, in his role as ANC leader, did not have a smooth start to his local government election campaign yesterday.
- 'I'll never report him, he is our saviour': Desperate parents 'cover up' for school predatorson September 18, 2021 at 10:03 pm
"He is our saviour! He stocks our fridge with meat once a month," says a KwaZulu-Natal woman about a local teacher who got her 15-year-old daughter pregnant.
- ANC's plan to cut role of Zulu kingby email@example.com (Zimasa Matiwane) on September 18, 2021 at 10:01 pm
The ANC has proposed saving money by abolishing some of the royal pomp at the opening ceremony of the KwaZulu-Natal legislature, sparking outrage from the IFP.
- Experts welcome Covid-19 jab for kidsby FarberT@sundaytimes.co.za (Tanya Farber) on September 18, 2021 at 10:01 pm
Experts have welcomed the green light from the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (Sahpra) for the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine for children over 12, and the health minister said they could be administered from the end of October.
- 'We never thought it was because of one of our own': Trail of bodies in the life of murder accused Ndlovuby firstname.lastname@example.org (Naledi Shange) on September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
She was seen as the golden member of her family, a trusted police officer blessed with good luck and success.
- VBS legacy could bite ANC in pollsby email@example.com (Kgothatso Madisa) on September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
The ANC will have to dig deep to retain voter support in Tshivhilidulu village in Limpopo, where residents have been hard hit by the VBS Mutual Bank scandal.
- Plastic is strangling our sea lifeby firstname.lastname@example.org (Bobby Jordan) on September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
A colony of endangered Cape cormorants at Cape Town's V&A Waterfront have made their nests out of plastic and discarded fishing gear.
- Legal experts weigh in on Concourt Jacob Zuma rulingon September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Legal experts have welcomed the Constitutional Court's dismissal of former president Jacob Zuma's application for it to rescind its own judgment sentencing him to 15 months in jail.
- Thousands of post office staff set to lose medical aid coverby GiffordG@sundaytimes.co.za (Gill Gifford) on September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
About 15,000 South African Post Office (Sapo) employees and pensioners may have no medical aid from next month after the Medipos medical scheme told them it was cutting them off because it is owed R602m in member contributions by the postal service.
- Covid-19: Booster shots nice to have, but not SA priorityby email@example.com (Claire Keeton) on September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Booster shots may offer over-60s an almost 20-fold increase in protection against severe Covid-19, research on fully vaccinated people in Israel shows. But scientists noted in the journal Nature that the findings "do not indicate a 'strong need' for […]
- I will continue the Lord's work as a whistle-blower, says vexatious litiganton September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
High court acting judge Constance Nziweni declared Deon Pienaar a vexatious litigant and ordered that he may not institute any further legal proceedings against the Reserve Bank and PwC.
- Joburg mayor Matongo diesby firstname.lastname@example.org (Kgothatso Madisa) on September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
City of Johannesburg mayor Jolidee Matongo died in a car accident after attending an ANC election campaign with President Cyril Ramaphosa yesterday.
- 'Step aside' spectre looms as SIU names Pule Mabe in 'irregular' R27m waste-picking contracton September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
ANC spokesperson Pule Mabe has been directly implicated by the Special Investigating Unit (SIU) in the Gauteng government's "irregular" R27m waste-picking contract.
- Insults and anger from murder accused ex-cop Nomia Rosemary Ndlovuby email@example.com (Naledi Shange) on September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Ex-police officer Nomia Rosemary Ndlovu displayed erratic behaviour in the high court in Palm Ridge, Johannesburg, this week.
- SA surgeons give Zimbabwe hyena attack boy a chance to smile againby firstname.lastname@example.org (Suthentira Govender) on September 18, 2021 at 10:00 pm
A team of doctors are determined that 10-year-old Rodwell Khomazana will be able to smile again following a horrific hyena attack that ripped his face apart.
- LISTEN | First-time voter? Here’s what you need to knowon September 17, 2021 at 12:14 pm
What you need to do to take part in the upcoming local government elections.
- PODCAST | A fight for justice – GBV, Rosemary Ndlovu, and the murder of Baby Aon September 17, 2021 at 6:46 am
On September 10 a group of Hermanus residents undertook a peaceful protest near Hermanus magistrate’s court. The group hopes to raise awareness about the rising scourge of gender-based violence in their town, but does their movement have greater […]
- PODCAST | Elections: Political violence begins again & the new plague of undercover campaigning at vaccination siteson September 16, 2021 at 5:02 pm
This week on Sunday Times Politics Weekly, our host Mike Siluma and his all-female panel discuss the culture of violence which has entrenched itself in SA's politics, and about which not much is being done.
- LISTEN | SA has been using 'vaccine passports' for years - experton September 16, 2021 at 1:49 pm
Calls have been made nationally for a protest against possible plans for Covid-19 vaccine passports.