- Transnet shaken by leak of secret deviceby SkitiS@sundaytimes.co.za (Sabelo Skiti) on January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
The head of security at Transnet Freight Rail (TFR) has been implicated in how a top-secret piece of technology developed by Transnet engineers ended up in the hands of a service provider.
- Residents relive hellish experience in flood-prone Ladysmithon January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
In 1987 Feroza Kharva was 23 when her family stood on the roof of their home on King Street in the small town of Ladysmith in northern KwaZulu-Natal as they waited for the army to rescue them. This week history repeated itself for the Kharva family […]
- Racing gallops back from brink in slipstream of Cape ‘people’s horse’by email@example.com (Bobby Jordan) on January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
It’s a Cape Flats fairytale. An “ugly” horse bought for R55,000 has rescued the soul of horseracing from industry capture by Markus Jooste and his cronies.
- ANC NEC rallies round Ramaphosa over Scopa probeby firstname.lastname@example.org (Andisiwe Makinana) on January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
NEC calls for disciplinary action to be taken against party MP Mervyn Dirks who reported Ramaphosa to Scopa.
- Pupils spread their wings with aviation studieson January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Class of 2021 matrics given opportunity to learn valuable skills in subjects that go way beyond the normal curriculum
- How R4m theft fugitive hid in plain sight for two yearsby MakhethaT@sowetan.co.za (Tankiso Makhetha) on January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Mlangeni is charged with theft after she allegedly strolled out of the Mall of Africa shopping centre in Midrand, Johannesburg, in July 2019 with a trolley containing R4m in cash.
- Company implicated in state capture report eyes another lucrative state contractby Mawande@sundaytimes.co.za (Mawande AmaShabalala) on January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Swissport says it disagrees with the findings of the Zondo commission.
- Drunken principal gets his job back but faces sexual harassment and cash inquiriesby FokaziS@sundaytimes.co.za (Sipokazi Fokazi) on January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
A high-school principal fired for being drunk at work and sexually harassing a colleague will return to his job this week and collect more than R600,000 in back pay.
- ‘He said he was sorry, but it wasn’t real’: Leigh Matthews’s killer is denied paroleby GiffordG@sundaytimes.co.za (Gill Gifford) on January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
The murdered woman’s parents succeed in convincing the parole board during an agonising, day-long hearing to keep Donovan Moodley in jail, where he is serving a life sentence for murder
- Experts warn against quick ending of Covid state of disasteron January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
The end of the Covid state of disaster was flagged on Wednesday by President Cyril Ramaphosa but experts told the Sunday Times it should not happen in a hurry.
- Passengers stranded over festive season in Prasa’s R100m long-distance rail debacleby email@example.com (Thanduxolo Jika) on January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Despite warnings that SA’s dilapidated rail network was not ready for long-distance trains, the Passenger Rail Agency of SA (Prasa) last month signed a locomotive lease deal and opened for business with disastrous consequences, leaving hundreds […]
- Mogoeng’s choice: apologise or go to court on reviewon January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Mogoeng Mogoeng has no more avenues of appeal open to him under the Judicial Service Commission Act after an appellate panel of the Judicial Conduct Committee this week rejected his appeal.
- Family of man killed during student protest sues police for R56mon January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Mthokozisi Ntumba's family claims more than R56m from the state, and asks court to order an education fund for youth affected by police brutality
- Grim outlook for matrics seeking jobson January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Soaring unemployment levels mean those who don't study further will be lucky to get even menial employment
- Sisulu out in the cold as NEC urges Ramaphosa to waste no time in dealing with heron January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Show no leniency, NEC members tell president after Sisulu defies him
- KZN man’s hand severed in muti crime saved through rare replantation surgeryby firstname.lastname@example.org (Suthentira Govender) on January 22, 2022 at 10:00 pm
The reattachment of his severed hand through intricate surgery, chopped off in what is believed to be a muti-related crime, was like something out of a Hollywood movie for a KwaZulu-Natal man.
- PODCAST | Ananias Mathe: highly skilled escape artist or common criminal?on January 21, 2022 at 9:30 am
Between 1999 and 2016, the legend of a Houdini-like prisoner haunted SA.
- PODCAST | When government doesn't do its job, you can't blame the constitution: Mohammed Valli Moosaby SilumaM@sundaytimes.co.za (Mike Siluma) on January 20, 2022 at 4:40 pm
In this episode of 'Sunday Times Politics Weekly', we invite one of the leaders who participated in the drafting and adoption of the constitution, former minister Mohammed Valli Moosa.
- LISTEN | SA united in outrage at Eskom's proposed double digit tariff hikeon January 20, 2022 at 3:00 am
Eskom’s proposed tariff hike of 20.5% for its next financial year, which is set to kick in from April 1, has South Africans united in outrage.
- Reddam and Reddford House matrics rack up more than 1,000 distinctionson January 19, 2022 at 6:37 am
SPONSORED | Inspiring results from class of 2021 at schools in the Inspired Education Group