- Businessinsider.co.za | Apple has reportedly begun testing foldable screen prototypes for upcoming iPhoneson January 16, 2021 at 5:22 pm
Foldable screens for iPhones are being tested by Apple engineers, say reports, but the company hasn't yet decided whether to proceed with the plan.
- Businessinsider.co.za | WhatsApp says don't worry about Facebook policy - experts say switch to 'highly trusted' Signalon January 16, 2021 at 4:09 pm
Although WhatsApp won't share message content, it will share who, where and when you talk to people, experts told Insider.
- Businessinsider.co.za | WhatsApp delays new policy change after critics claimed update would turn over user data to Facebookon January 16, 2021 at 7:51 am
WhatsApp said the delay is due to "confusion" surrounding the new policy, which it said will "not expand our ability to share data with Facebook."
- Businessinsider.co.za | Signal appears to be down for some users after a record spike in downloadson January 15, 2021 at 8:18 pm
The apparent issues come after Signal saw a 4,200% spike in downloads after WhatsApp users flocked to the encrypted messaging app.
- Businessinsider.co.za | Health and tech giants, including Microsoft and Oracle, are creating 'vaccination passports'on January 14, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Microsoft, Oracle, Salesforce, Cerner, Epic Systems, and the Mayo Clinic are all part of the Vaccination Credential Initiative creating the passports.
- Businessinsider.co.za | Telegram in SA can help you to buy booze, drugs, and sex from people in your neighbourhoodon January 14, 2021 at 3:29 pm
Telegram has rapidly become a light version of the dark web - with major privacy concerns.
- Businessinsider.co.za | Signal won't replace WhatsApp, people will use both, says a cofounder of one and leader of the otheron January 13, 2021 at 11:27 pm
"I have no desire to do all the things that WhatsApp does," Brian Acton, cofounder of he Signal Foundation, told TechCrunch. Acton also cofounded WhatsApp.
- Businessinsider.co.za | TikTok will make under-16s' accounts private by default to protect them from potential groomerson January 13, 2021 at 12:25 pm
Tiktok, the short video app beloved by teens, changed its rules so any under-16 will have to actively approve friend requests.
- Businessinsider.co.za | What to know about Signal, the secure messaging app that keeps all of your conversations privateon January 13, 2021 at 11:07 am
Signal is a free messaging app that uses end-to-end encryption to keep your messages and files private.
- Businessinsider.co.za | South Africans are downloading Telegram like crazy – and Signal isn’t far behindon January 12, 2021 at 9:17 pm
WhatsApp – which is stressing that message contents will remain secure – is way down on download charts.
- Businessinsider.co.za | Elon Musk's Starlink internet satellite service has been approved in the UKon January 11, 2021 at 3:48 pm
After receiving UK regulation, SpaceX has already begun sending Starlink kits for its public beta to users in the country.
- Businessinsider.co.za | How to check if WhatsApp already gives your info to Facebook – but it will take three dayson January 11, 2021 at 12:54 pm
You had a 30-day window – in 2016 – to opt out of information sharing between WhatsApp and Facebook. Checking whether you did will take a while.
- Businessinsider.co.za | Apple has banned Parler from its app store for failing to remove content that promotes violenceon January 10, 2021 at 11:37 am
The move comes one day after Google banned the fast-growing app from its app store for similar reasons.
- Businessinsider.co.za | SA gamers are paying huge markups – and taking big risks – to get a rare PS5on January 10, 2021 at 8:26 am
If you're desperate to get your hands on a new PS5, you'll need to pay a 50% premium, and take significant risks.
- Businessinsider.co.za | You’ll lose access to WhatsApp after 8 Feb, unless you agree to Facebook data sharingon January 7, 2021 at 9:51 pm
WhatsApp said users will have to agree to let Facebook and its subsidiaries collect data, including user phone numbers, contacts' phone numbers, location, and more.
- Businessinsider.co.za | How to fix a PS5's 'Cannot Connect to the Wi-Fi Network' error messageon January 5, 2021 at 2:45 pm
There are several ways to determine whether you can get rid of a PS5's Wi-Fi network error message or if it's a hardware issue that Sony needs to fix.
- Businessinsider.co.za | Slack is working on resolving outage that has users facing issues loading channels, sending messageson January 4, 2021 at 6:21 pm
Slack said its team is aware of the issues and is working to resolve them.
- Businessinsider.co.za | Samsung to launch its brand new Galaxy smartphones next week - a month earlier than expectedon January 4, 2021 at 3:25 pm
Leaks suggest Samsung will announce the Galaxy S21 series at its virtual "Unpacked 2021" event, which will take place on January 14.
- Businessinsider.co.za | Biggest tech scandals of 2020: Twitter hacks, Cyberpunk and moreon January 1, 2021 at 4:39 pm
The coronavirus crisis and the US presidential election dominated the news in 2020, yet the tech industry still embroiled itself in a few scandals.
- Businessinsider.co.za | How to use emoji on your Mac in nearly any app, and save your favorites for quick useon December 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm
You can use emoji on your Mac through the "Emoji & Symbols" menu, which can be opened by pressing Control + Command + Spacebar.