- News24.com | Joburg municipal offices burgled, computers vandalised for second time to 'thwart digitisation'on January 26, 2022 at 7:27 am
A municipal office in Johannesburg has been robbed and 20 computers damaged.
- News24.com | Alleged cop killer in dock for Mthatha murderon January 26, 2022 at 7:22 am
A man accused of murdering a Mthatha police officer has made a brief appearance in court. He is the third suspect to be arrested in connection with the murder.
- News24.com | Covid-19: 3 197 new infections and 23 deaths recorded in South Africaon January 26, 2022 at 6:40 am
South Africa has recorded 3 197 new confirmed Covid-19 infections and 23 new Covid-19-related deaths.
- Businessinsider.co.za | Americans have become SA’s biggest overseas tourists – overtaking Brits and Germanson January 26, 2022 at 6:19 am
The US has become South Africa’s primary source market for tourists, overtaking the United Kingdom and Germany.
- News24.com | Scopa wants Ramaphosa to explain in writing details of leaked recordingon January 25, 2022 at 7:50 pm
Members of the Standing Committee on Public Accounts, who met virtually on Tuesday, have resolved to write to President Cyril Ramaphosa to demand a written response concerning the utterances attributed to him in a leaked audio.
- News24.com | Mkhwebane disappointed by Mabuyane's 'continued public display of conduct unbecoming'on January 25, 2022 at 7:38 pm
Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane is concerned over Eastern Cape Premier Oscar Mabuyane's continued attacks because of her findings against him.
- News24.com | Covid-19 corruption: DA calls on NPA to act following release of SIU reporton January 25, 2022 at 7:02 pm
The SIU's wide-ranging report into government spending linked to the Covid-19 pandemic was made public on Tuesday by President Cyril Ramaphosa's office.
- News24.com | Tshegofatso Pule: Killer confirms she was 'supposed to die' a week earlieron January 25, 2022 at 5:27 pm
The man convicted of killing Tshegofatso Pule confirmed to the Johannesburg High Court that there was more than one attempt on her life.
- News24.com | Missing man's death shrouded in mystery after his body found in public poolon January 25, 2022 at 5:27 pm
The body of a man reported missing by his family was found floating in the municipal pool they visited - two days after a search for him at the pool started.
- News24.com | Police hunt 'mob' after the murder of three alleged stock thieveson January 25, 2022 at 4:30 pm
Limpopo police launched a 72-hour activation plan for a gang that brutally killed three people at Ga-Maila a Mapitsana.
- News24.com | KwaZulu-Natal hitman gets life sentence for killing sixon January 25, 2022 at 4:30 pm
A notorious KwaZulu-Natal hitman, who is an accused in the Senzo Meyiwa murder case, has been jailed for life for six unrelated murders.
- News24.com | Western Cape drivers rack up more than R8m in traffic violations in one weekon January 25, 2022 at 4:30 pm
The Western Cape Provincial Traffic Services recorded a total of 253 speeding offences and issued 6 641 fines between 17 and 23 January, amounting to more than R8 million.
- News24.com | Alan Winde not yet in a position to lay criminal charges in Albert Fritz sexual assault scandalon January 25, 2022 at 4:29 pm
Western Cape Premier Alan Winde says an independent investigator is yet to be appointed to probe allegations of sexual misconduct against suspended Community Safety MEC Albert Fritz.
- News24.com | Malema accuses ANC of wanting to dip into SSA 'R4bn slush fund' after Gungubele appointmenton January 25, 2022 at 4:02 pm
EFF leader Julius Malema has expressed strong concerns over last week's announcement by President Cyril Ramaphosa that Minister in the Presidency, Mondli Gungubele, would assume political responsibility for the State Security Agency.
- News24.com | Limpopo boy, 15, arrested for allegedly stabbing friend's mother to deathon January 25, 2022 at 3:26 pm
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested for allegedly killing a 34-year-old woman at her home in Limpopo.
- News24.com | Armed men rob bus driver and passengers of their cash, cellphones in Mpumalangaon January 25, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Mpumalanga police boss shocked and disappointed after three armed men robbed a bus driver and his passengers of their belongings.
- News24.com | Tshegofatso Pule murder trial: Alleged mastermind wanted Pule to be hanged from Maraisburg Bridgeon January 25, 2022 at 3:22 pm
The man accused of masterminding the murder of Tshegofatso Pule wanted her to be hanged from Maraisburg Bridge, the Gauteng High Court has heard.
- News24.com | EFF disbands Limpopo structures over poor election results, Ndlozi appointed interim conveneron January 25, 2022 at 2:49 pm
The EFF has disbanded all party structures in Limpopo in light of the drop in support following the 2021 municipal elections.
- News24.com | Covid-19 vaccine myths debunked: Get the facts hereon August 17, 2021 at 6:48 pm
While recent research found that over 71% of South Africans are willing to take the Covid-19 vaccine, government has indicated its concern with increasing reports of vaccine hesitancy.
- News24.com | Contact News24's public editor with any complaints and feedbackon June 24, 2021 at 11:33 am
Any complaints, queries or suggestions about content on News24 may be sent to our public editor George Claassen.