- News24.com | OPINION | Phil Craig: The battle for Western Cape devolution - opening salvos firedon September 18, 2021 at 3:12 pm
The recent poll conducted by Victory Research showed that 46% of Western Cape voters no longer wanted South Africa to be "one sovereign democratic state", writes Phil Craig.
- News24.com | LETTER TO THE EDITOR | Vote to save democracyon September 18, 2021 at 2:02 pm
It is time to go out and vote to save our civil liberties from certain annihilation, writes Solly Msimanga.
- News24.com | TRIBUTE | Zanele kaMagwaza-Msibi: The Imbokodo of opposition politics in KZNon September 18, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Zanele KaMagwaza-Msibi, who died earlier this month, opened the door for many other women not only in KwaZulu-Natal but also nationally, writes Nqobile Zulu.
- News24.com | Mcebesi Ndletyana | Lessons from Tlokwe - Why the IEC erredon September 18, 2021 at 5:10 am
It is unlikely that the Constitutional Court will rule in the IEC's favour regarding the reopening of the candidate list. And if it doesn't the IEC's reputation will take another knock, writes Mcebisi Ndletyana.
- News24.com | OPINION | Paul Vorster: Covid-19 vaccine - to nudge or not? What are the complications?on September 17, 2021 at 11:46 am
Could covertly nudging someone to comply with Covid-19 restrictions, including taking the vaccine backfire? Paul Vorster examines the issue.
- News24.com | FRIDAY BRIEFING | The ANC in decline: Is the opposition ready to govern?on September 17, 2021 at 6:14 am
With the local government elections in just under two months, the opposition should be ready to go in for the kill. But have they blown their chances?
- News24.com | OPINION | Nonsikelelo Ncube: Where are the women? The AU mirrors Africa's burden of patriarchyon September 17, 2021 at 5:17 am
Unless regional bodies, such as the AU, show leadership to dismantle patriarchy and usher in women leaders, the countries which they serve will not work to dismantle patriarchy either, writes Nonsikelelo Ncube.
- News24.com | FRIDAY BRIEFING | RET Lonely Hearts: Why the fightback is fadingon September 16, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Is the RET faction still a disruptive force in the ANC?
- News24.com | OPINION | Richard van Zyl: No more steam - The third wave has taken its toll on ICU doctorson September 16, 2021 at 5:04 am
Professor Richard van Zyl-Smit is a consultant pulmonologist working in Groote Schuur's ICU Covid wards. He writes of his utter exhaustion of dealing with the third wave, which has taken its toll.
- News24.com | OPINION | Randall Williams: Investment of infrastructure is a priority for Tshwaneon September 15, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Investment in our infrastructure, which is the lifeblood to any city, is what enables growth, writes executive mayor of Tshwane, Randall Williams.
- News24.com | OPINION | Nathan Geffen: Nick Hudson and PANDA are wrong. Vaccines work. Here’s the proofon September 15, 2021 at 1:36 pm
The behaviour that Nick Hudson and his organisation PANDA encourage — not wearing masks and not getting vaccinated — ironically, is what is making it so hard to put lockdowns behind us, writes Nathan Geffen.
- News24.com | OPINION | Gilbert Noël Ouédraogo: New Zambian govt can chart course for coalition politics in Africaon September 15, 2021 at 1:17 pm
Armed with hard-won lessons from the coalitions of the past, Zambia's President Hakainde Hichilema and his party will once again have to navigate coalition politics, this time in government, writes Burkinabé politician Gilbert Noël Ouédraogo.
- News24.com | Bathabile Dlamini | Teenage pregnancy: A complex crisis where girls are not just statisticson September 15, 2021 at 11:59 am
Bathabile Dlamini writes that the serious challenge of teenage pregnancy is not new and needs a societal and humane approach to eradicate it.
- News24.com | OPINION | Thembalethu Seyisi: UCT VC comments: Cancel culture doesn't allow lessons to be learnedon September 14, 2021 at 9:05 am
While there were issues with what UCT vice-chancellor Professor Mamokgethi Phakeng during an online lecture, there was no need for the way she was treated afterwards, writes Thembalethu Seyisi.
- News24.com | Lizette Rabe | Hope: a noun and a verbon September 13, 2021 at 4:14 pm
10 September is World Suicide Prevention Day. This year’s slogan is "Create hope through action", writes Lizette Rabe.
- News24.com | Cyril Ramaphosa | Brics is strategically important to South Africaon September 13, 2021 at 10:34 am
In the 11 years since South Africa joined Brics, our membership has substantially advanced our national interest, writes Cyril Ramaphosa.
- News24.com | ANALYSIS | Thembinkosi Gcoyi, Calvin Matlou: Elections 2021 - Who benefits from ConCourt ruling?on September 11, 2021 at 8:23 am
There are two reasons why the DA and the EFF should welcome the IEC's decision to allow parties to submit their candidate lists following the recent Constitutional Court ruling, writes Thembinkosi Gcoyi and Calvin Matlou.
- News24.com | ANALYSIS | Elections 2021: An intriguing battle aheadon September 11, 2021 at 5:05 am
With just 50 days to go towards the municipal elections on 1 November, five analysts unpack the issues for you.
- News24.com | ANALYSIS | Sithandiwe Yeni: Former labour tenants want land back, compensation for material losseson September 11, 2021 at 5:01 am
Former labour tenants argue that as people who were forcibly dispossessed of land, and continue to experience socioeconomic exclusion, they must get their land back and receive compensation for their material losses and suffering, writes Sithandiwe […]
- News24.com | John Steenhuisen | President Ramaphosa, you need to explain why you appointed Arthur Fraseron September 9, 2021 at 4:14 pm
DA leader John Steenhuisen pens an open letter to President Cyril Ramaphosa, asking him why he appointed Arthur Fraser at correctional services when there were allegations against him.