- News24.com | Emirates to resume flights to SAon June 20, 2021 at 5:35 pm
The Emirates Group announced its first year of loss in more than 30 years, caused by a significant drop in revenue, fully attributed to the impact of Covid-19-related flight and travel restrictions throughout its entire financial year of 2020/21.
- News24.com | Slim hope for hundreds of tourism businesses asking for second Covid-19 relief fundon June 20, 2021 at 3:00 pm
The Department of Tourism has been inundated with hundreds of pleas for help from financially distressed businesses in the industry.
- News24.com | Oil price spike: OPEC must manage shift from lack of demandon June 20, 2021 at 1:25 pm
The oil market is rapidly shifting from a period of over-supply during the height of the pandemic to one of potential shortage.
- News24.com | Namibia seeks developers for 25 megawatt solar PV planton June 20, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Namibia is seeking developers to build a 25 megawatt solar-power facility to source energy for its capital, Windhoek.
- News24.com | Huge changes face the likes of Facebook, Apple, Google, Amazon under antitrust proposalon June 20, 2021 at 12:54 pm
The antitrust overhaul package unveiled in the US Congress, targeting big tech, if enacted, could have far-reaching effects.
- News24.com | International investors make 180-degree positive turn on SA in JSE conferenceon June 20, 2021 at 10:20 am
JSE CEO Leila Fourie says President Cyril Ramaphosa's actions against his own party members and high-ranking bureaucrats have struck a chord with international investors.
- News24.com | Trillions available to support the global energy transition - time to scale up investmenton June 19, 2021 at 6:03 pm
There are trillions of dollars in the global economy which can be used to support a just energy transition, says an official from the African Development Bank.
- News24.com | 'Astounding' - How Harith, one of SAA's new partners, ditched a previous airline bidon June 19, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Harith General Partners - which is part of the consortium that may end up with a majority stake in SAA - was considering being part of a deal to buy state-owned regional airline SA Express (SAX), but it has since ditched that bid.
- News24.com | Powership company trails corruption claims in its wakeon June 19, 2021 at 2:38 pm
The Turkish company that plans to moor floating power plants at three South African ports has been embroiled in corruption scandals abroad, though it denies wrongdoing.
- News24.com | US mobile firm Africell vows to 'shake up' Angola marketon June 19, 2021 at 12:29 pm
US-owned mobile network operator Africell, the first wholly foreign-owned operator licensed to provide mobile services in oil-rich Angola, has vowed to shake up the "overly cosy" market there.
- News24.com | Newest Boeing 737 MAX makes first test flighton June 19, 2021 at 8:55 am
The newest version of Boeing's 737 MAX made its first test flight over Washington state on Friday, just months after the plane returned to service following a worldwide grounding after two fatal crashes.
- News24.com | Takatso Consortium satisfies due diligence checks for new SAA, says DPEon June 18, 2021 at 8:45 pm
According to the department, Takatso has the "necessary assets, infrastructure, financial resources and technical and operational expertise" to support the new airline.
- News24.com | Inside Heartwood's hybrid pilot - somewhere between WeWork and the traditional officeon June 18, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Heartwood Properties is developing a hybrid office for its tenants that will accommodate workers who've moved further away from the city centre.
- News24.com | Kganyago: SA is ready for global interest rate hikeson June 18, 2021 at 7:00 pm
South Africa’s central-bank governor said the country is in a strong position to deal with global monetary policy tightening and the gradual pullback by policy makers from the stimulus measures enacted amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
- News24.com | 2 million SA vaccines had to be destroyed - but US bosses get bonuses despite problems at factoryon June 18, 2021 at 6:30 pm
The US biotech firm Emergent enjoyed its best financial year in 20 years, and five executives received R115 million in bonuses, The New York Times reported.
- News24.com | Once-thriving economy in trouble as Ethiopia’s Abiy cracks downon June 18, 2021 at 6:02 pm
Ethiopia has been beset by unrest since the unbanning of opposition and rebel groups stoked political fragmentation and long-suppressed rivalries among rival ethnic groups.
- News24.com | Banks hardly touched their buffers in 2020, and most are ready to resume dividend paymentson June 18, 2021 at 6:00 pm
SA Reserve Bank Governor Lesetja Kganyago says local banks liquidity coverage ratio is close to 140%. As such, many have asked to resume paying dividends.
- News24.com | 'How much is lunch?' – Gigaba picks apart Witness 3's claims about Gupta cash bagson June 18, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Former minister of public enterprises Malusi Gigaba spent his appearance at the State Capture Commission denying Witness 3's claims about his visits to the Guptas and big bags of cash.
- News24.com | Americans can pack bags for Europe, as EU lifts travel curbson June 18, 2021 at 3:56 pm
The European Union lifted travel restrictions for US residents, in the latest step toward a return to normalcy despite concerns over the spread of potentially dangerous coronavirus variants.
- News24.com | Kenya Raises $1 billion in oversubscribed Eurobond saleon June 18, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Kenya raised $1 billion in its first Eurobond sale in two years as the East African nation balances between the need to fund its economic recovery and lower its debt burden.