- News24.com | China defends tech crackdown in meeting with Wall Street chiefson September 18, 2021 at 7:32 pm
China’s top regulators defended their market-roiling crackdown on various industries in a meeting with Wall Street executives
- News24.com | New York real estate heir Robert Durst found guilty of murdering friendon September 18, 2021 at 4:46 pm
Robert Durst, the New York real estate heir who was accused of at least three murders, was found guilty of killing a long-time friend 21 years ago in California.
- News24.com | Pep and Ackermans owner says vaccines are key to SA job booston September 18, 2021 at 12:35 pm
Pepkor sees a successful Covid-19 vaccination rollout as key to reopening the economy and adding new stores, helping to address the world’s highest unemployment rate.
- News24.com | NICD says adolescents should get vaccinated since those dying of Covid-19 often also have HIVon September 18, 2021 at 10:18 am
The National Institute for Communicable Diseases has said that given the high prevalence of HIV among adolescents, efforts should be considered vaccinate those with underlying conditions
- News24.com | Sanlam Life and Fedgroup Life fined for weaknesses in money laundering prevention measureson September 18, 2021 at 10:16 am
The South African Reserve Bank’s Prudential Authority has fined Sanlam Life and Fedgroup Life after it found weaknesses in the life insurers’ money laundering control measures.
- News24.com | MONEY CLINIC | Would it benefit me to remove my home loan from debt counselling?on September 18, 2021 at 7:27 am
A Fin24 reader who has been under debt counselling managed to pay off two considerable debt amounts, but still has her home loan to pay. She wants to know if removing it from debt counselling would be of benefit to her.
- News24.com | Telecoms tower company partly owned by MTN prepares to list in New Yorkon September 17, 2021 at 6:55 pm
IHS Towers, which is 29% owned by MTN, is in the process of listing on the New York Stock Exchange, in an IPO that is yet to be determined.
- News24.com | Acquisition? Disposal? Takeover? Five Roses owner’s share price soars after vague announcementon September 17, 2021 at 6:21 pm
The two-sentence announcement warned shareholders to take care when dealing with their shares, until more details are provided.
- News24.com | Medical supplier fined R50 000 for alleged cartel conduct in provincial govt tenderon September 17, 2021 at 5:36 pm
A Western Cape medical equipment supplier has been fined R50 000 for allegedly colluding on a provincial Health Department tender, the Competition Tribunal said on Friday.
- News24.com | Aluminium price surge hits SA manufacturerson September 17, 2021 at 5:17 pm
The higher aluminium price will result in the increased value of used beverage cans, which will benefit informal scrap collectors.
- News24.com | London plans to have fully electric bus fleet in next 13 yearson September 17, 2021 at 5:00 pm
London's bus fleet will be zero-emission by 2034 instead of 2037, according to a statement Friday by the mayor's office.
- News24.com | WATCH | Facebook now targeting real users in security crackdownon September 17, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Facebook is taking a more aggressive approach to shut down coordinated groups of real-user accounts engaging in certain harmful activities on its platform, using the same strategy its security teams take against campaigns using fake accounts.
- News24.com | WATCH | Musk vows to address privacy fears over data gathered by Tesla carson September 17, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Tesla boss Elon Musk says he'll work with global regulators to address concerns over all the data mopped up by the sensors on his firm's cars.
- News24.com | Shareholders greenlight sale of Imperial Logistics to Dubai ports SOEon September 17, 2021 at 3:08 pm
On Friday, Imperial Logistics announced that 86.15% of its shareholders have voted in favour of the deal.
- News24.com | WATCH | Ford to nearly double production of its F-150 Lightning electric bakkieon September 17, 2021 at 2:31 pm
Ford Motor said on Thursday it would boost its F-150 Lightning production capacity to 80 000 per year due to strong demand for the electric pickup truck, adding that the vehicle would go on sale next spring.
- News24.com | The digital banking race is keeping every CEO up at night – PwCon September 17, 2021 at 2:30 pm
PwC says the biggest expenditure by banks right now seems to be in technology and digitisation. All of them are pouring billions of rands into this from different angles.
- News24.com | PODCAST | SA Money Report: Cutting through the knot of recent Steinhoff complicationson September 17, 2021 at 12:16 pm
In this week's episode of Fin24's SA Money Report, we try to cut through the Gordian knot of recent developments complicating the Steinhoff saga.
- News24.com | OPINION | Liquor retailers may never recover from unjustified restrictionson September 17, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Government's restrictions on off-site liquor consumption, as they currently stand, are unjustified and discriminatory, not to mention anti-competitive and will cause irreparable harm and damage to the liquor retail sector, say Gareth Ackerman and […]
- News24.com | Foreign buyers keen on SA properties again, with price tags of up to R41mon September 17, 2021 at 11:12 am
Foreign investment in SA's property market has been hit by the Covid-19 pandemic, including by international travel restrictions. But interest is starting to pick up again, say experts.
- News24.com | Standard Bank's pursuit of more clients sets stage for 'mortal combat' over wealthy Africanson September 17, 2021 at 7:49 am
Standard Bank Group’s goal of adding at least 10 million customers ahead of a 2025 deadline has set the stage for a tug-of-war over Africa’s wealthiest clients.