- News24.com | Black Friday loses its novelty as South Africans' cash dry upon November 29, 2021 at 8:05 pm
PayU looked at the total value of transactions, the total number of transactions, and the average basket size for Black Friday shopping trends.
- News24.com | Beach life coming to Joburg South as Balwin builds its third lagoon in Gautengon November 29, 2021 at 7:44 pm
Balwin Properties wants to build another lagoon in Johannesburg South as part of a new development.
- News24.com | U-turn: Cosatu now backs mandatory vaccination, but other unions are still averseon November 29, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Saving the economy and preventing another lockdown has informed Cosatu's change of heart regarding compulsory Covid-19 vaccinations.
- News24.com | Almost 11% of residential rental properties stand empty - but rent is finally starting to riseon November 29, 2021 at 7:21 pm
On a provincial level, vacancy rates are highest in the Western Cape (11%), followed by KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng (both 9.9%).
- News24.com | Business body seeking 'legal clarity' on mandatory vaccination policieson November 29, 2021 at 7:20 pm
Business anticipates that employers will be legally challenged for implementing mandatory vaccination policies, and is working on launching an application for a declaratory order on the matter.
- News24.com | 'Choosing company over ego' - Jack Dorsey resigns as Twitter’s CEOon November 29, 2021 at 6:48 pm
Jack Dorsey is also the head of payments company Square and has been taking an increasing interest in cryptocurrencies recently
- News24.com | Aspen close to new deal to produce vaccines in SAon November 29, 2021 at 6:28 pm
Aspen said on Monday that it's in "advanced discussions" for a licensing agreement to allow it to produce and sell a Covid-19 vaccine in Africa.
- News24.com | No appeal yet as deadline nears for SARS to share Zuma's tax records with the mediaon November 29, 2021 at 4:35 pm
The deadline for SARS to share the personal tax returns of former president Jacob Zuma with two media groups is fast approaching, with no word from the tax agency about whether it intends to appeal.
- News24.com | Mango hits the fan as almost 80% employees indicate they want outon November 29, 2021 at 4:32 pm
A total of 553 of Mango's 708 employees have applied for voluntary severance packages offered as part of the low-cost airline's business rescue process.
- News24.com | Pandemic to cost global tourism R32 trillion in 2021: UNon November 29, 2021 at 3:59 pm
The coronavirus pandemic will cost the global tourism sector $2 trillion in lost revenue in 2021, the UN's tourism body said Monday, calling the sector's recovery "fragile" and "slow".
- News24.com | Big fuel price hikes announced for Wednesdayon November 29, 2021 at 3:20 pm
The petrol price will be hiked by 81c a litre on Wednesday, while diesel will go up by between 72.5c a litre (0.05% sulphur) and 74.5c (0.005% sulphur), the department of mineral resources and energy announced.
- News24.com | 'New opportunities for SA' - Ramaphosa to push investment in tour of 4 African nationson November 29, 2021 at 12:30 pm
In his weekly newsletter, President Cyril Ramaphosa said his tour of four west African countries is aimed at enhancing trade and investment relationships.
- News24.com | Implats acquires 24.5% stake in Royal Bafokeng Platinum, makes offer to buyout the reston November 29, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Just when it was thought to be out of the running, Impala Platinum has bought a 24.5% stake in Royal Bafokeng Platinum.
- News24.com | Petroleum Agency defends Shell's 'safe' seismic survey off the Eastern Cape coaston November 29, 2021 at 11:52 am
The Petroleum Agency of South Africa which promotes oil and gas exploration on behalf of government defends a planned seismic survey off the East coast.
- News24.com | Takatso says SAA due diligence is now complete and no 'material issues' were identifiedon November 29, 2021 at 11:38 am
SAA' chosen strategic equity partner, the Takatso Consortium confirms that the due diligence process to buy a 51% stake is done and no material issues were identified.
- News24.com | MONEY CLINIC | My employer says I opted for early retirement, but I didn't. What should I do?on November 29, 2021 at 7:26 am
A Fin24 reader wanted to retire at 65, but his company informed him that he opted for early retirement at 62. He is seeking advice.
- News24.com | A unified plan to turn around Eskom and end uncertainty is coming, says Gordhanon November 29, 2021 at 7:16 am
South Africa will soon agree on a comprehensive, unified approach to turning around Eskom, which is saddled with R402 billion rand in debt, according to Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan.
- News24.com | Five Impala Platinum miners trapped in mudslideon November 28, 2021 at 7:56 pm
Five mineworkers were missing on Sunday following a mudslide at a South African platinum mine northwest of Johannesburg, operator Impala Platinum announced.
- News24.com | Ban unvaccinated from taxis, restaurants and taverns, asks business bodyon November 27, 2021 at 6:23 pm
The business organisation Business for South Africa (B4SA) has called on government to move fast and restrict access to public indoor areas that are not required for emergency use (such as hospitals, grocery stores and certain Government services) […]
- News24.com | Mauritius bans flights from South Africa for a monthon November 27, 2021 at 1:59 pm
Mauritius is suspending all flights from South Africa, from Monday until the end of the year, following the announcement of a new Covid-19 variant.