- News24.com | SA surgeons to reconstruct face of 9-year-old boy after Zimbabwe hyena attackon June 20, 2021 at 12:59 pm
Plastic surgeons in South Africa are preparing to reconstruct the face of a nine-year-old Zimbabwean boy mauled by a hyena in an attack last month.
- News24.com | Namibia seeks developers for 25 megawatt solar PV planton June 20, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Namibia is seeking developers to build a 25 megawatt solar-power facility to source energy for its capital, Windhoek.
- News24.com | eSwatini youth stage rare rural protest against monarchyon June 20, 2021 at 12:04 pm
Police in Eswatini have clashed with a rural demonstration demanding democratic reforms in Africa's last absolute monarchy, an AFP reporter has said.
- News24.com | Uganda Olympic team member tests positive for coronavirus on arrival in Japanon June 20, 2021 at 7:55 am
A member of the Uganda Olympic team has tested positive for coronavirus on arrival in Japan, just over a month before the pandemic-postponed Games, officials said.
- News24.com | Malawi runs out of coronavirus vaccines as second jabs dueon June 19, 2021 at 7:34 pm
Delays in coronavirus vaccine shipments to Malawi have caused health facilities to run out of doses as hundreds are due to receive a second shot, the health minister said.
- News24.com | Guinea declares end to Ebola outbreak that killed 12on June 19, 2021 at 5:03 pm
An Ebola outbreak which started in southeast Guinea in February, infecting 16 people and killing 12, has been declared over, the health ministry and the World Health Organisation said.
- News24.com | Life sentence sought for 'Hotel Rwanda' heroon June 19, 2021 at 12:19 pm
Prosecutors in Rwanda on Thursday sought a life sentence for "Hotel Rwanda" hero and government critic Paul Rusesabagina, who is charged with terrorism in a trial denounced as political by his supporters.
- News24.com | Friends, foes and fractures: Ethiopia in the Horn of Africaon June 19, 2021 at 11:52 am
Ethiopia has projected power in the Horn of Africa for centuries, remaining fiercely independent as the rest of the region fell to colonial rule, and warring with neighbours to defend its vast realm.
- News24.com | Russian mercenaries implicated in killing of civilians in the Central African Republicon June 18, 2021 at 9:17 pm
Civilians in the Central African Republic told investigators they were indiscriminately shot at by Russian private security contractors.
- News24.com | WHO: Covid-19 trajectory in Africa 'very, very concerning'on June 18, 2021 at 8:18 pm
The World Health Organization voiced alarm at surging Covid-19 cases across Africa, with the spread of new more contagious variants even as vaccination rates remain dangerously low.
- News24.com | Boko Haram cleric confirms Shekau's death, urges fighters' loyaltyon June 18, 2021 at 7:41 pm
MAIDUGURI/ABUJA, June 18 - A senior cleric with Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram confirmed the death of its leader and urged fighters to stay loyal in its fight against rival Islamic State militants, according to a video seen by Reuters on Friday.
- News24.com | Beheadings reported in insurgent-hit Mozambique says charityon June 18, 2021 at 6:21 pm
Several beheadings, including of teenagers, have been reported around the restive northern Mozambique town of Palma since it was attacked by militants in March, a charity and local sources said.
- News24.com | Once-thriving economy in trouble as Ethiopia’s Abiy cracks downon June 18, 2021 at 6:02 pm
Ethiopia has been beset by unrest since the unbanning of opposition and rebel groups stoked political fragmentation and long-suppressed rivalries among rival ethnic groups.
- News24.com | 'Unwavering courage to the cause of liberation': SA leaders pay tribute to Zambia’s Kenneth Kaundaon June 18, 2021 at 5:26 pm
President Cyril Ramaphosa, political leaders and parties have paid tribute to Zambia’s founding president Kenneth Kaunda.
- News24.com | Kenya Raises $1 billion in oversubscribed Eurobond saleon June 18, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Kenya raised $1 billion in its first Eurobond sale in two years as the East African nation balances between the need to fund its economic recovery and lower its debt burden.
- News24.com | UPDATE | More than 80 students and 5 teachers abducted, cop killed in attack on Nigerian schoolon June 18, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Gunmen have killed a police officer and kidnapped at least 80 students and five teachers from a school in the Nigerian state of Kebbi, police, residents and a teacher have said.
- News24.com | Mbeki: Kaunda 'was the kind of African leader we need’on June 18, 2021 at 6:35 am
Former president Thabo Mbeki recalled personal anecdotes of late former Zambian president Kenneth Kaunda’s generosity and support for the ANC.
- News24.com | TIMELINE | Zambia's founding president Kenneth Kaunda in dateson June 17, 2021 at 11:08 pm
Kenneth Kaunda, Zambia's first post-colonial president, in key dates.
- News24.com | Gunmen kidnap four Chinese rail workers in Nigeria: policeon June 17, 2021 at 10:11 pm
Gunmen have kidnapped four Chinese rail construction employees and killed their police escort in south west Nigeria, police said.
- News24.com | News24 appoints Lynsey Chutel to head up new Africa deskon June 7, 2021 at 4:08 pm
News24 has appointed seasoned journalist Lynsey Chutel to head up its Africa desk.