- News24.com | Zimbabwean by-elections: Change of name, colours for MDC as parties test waters before 2023 pollson January 26, 2022 at 6:06 am
Zimbabwe's most popular opposition figure, Nelson Chamisa, on Monday announced a change of name for his Movement for Democratic Change Alliance ahead of the 26 March by-elections.
- News24.com | Suspected Islamists kill at least 12 in eastern Congo attacks on villageson January 25, 2022 at 7:25 pm
Suspected Islamist militants have killed at least 12 civilians and burned houses and motorbikes during raids on two villages in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
- News24.com | Eight dead, 50 injured in Africa Cup of Nations Cameroon stadium crushon January 25, 2022 at 7:04 pm
Eight people were killed and about 50 injured in a crush outside a Cameroonian football stadium ahead of an Africa Cup of Nations match.
- News24.com | Tropical storm Ana kills at least 34 people in Madagascar, 2 in Mozambiqueon January 25, 2022 at 1:16 pm
Tropical storm Ana has killed at least 34 people in Madagascar and two people in Mozambique in recent days while knocking out power in Malawi, authorities in the three countries have said.
- Businessinsider.co.za | Telkom’s disastrous failures in Nigeria, Mauritius, now under SIU investigationon January 25, 2022 at 1:07 pm
The Special Investigating Unit will look into a decade and a half of failed acquisitions, and strategy advice.
- News24.com | Malawian President dissolves cabinet on corruption rowon January 24, 2022 at 9:52 pm
Malawi's President Lazarus Chakwera has dissolved the country's entire cabinet in charges of corruption on some of his ministers, he said in an address to the nation.
- News24.com | Zimbabwe's main opposition leader changes party nameon January 24, 2022 at 9:42 pm
Zimbabwe's main opposition leader announced his party will drop its storied but contested name, sidestepping factional squabbles and a legal dispute.
- News24.com | Botswana president vows to honour gay rights judgmenton January 24, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Botswana's president has vowed to fully implement a 2019 court ruling decriminalising homosexuality, two months after losing an appeal that sought to overturn it.
- News24.com | African Union condemns 'coup attempt' in Burkina Fasoon January 24, 2022 at 6:24 pm
African Union Commission chief Moussa Faki Mahamat has condemned an "attempted coup" in Burkina Faso after the country's president was reportedly detained following a mutiny by soldiers.
- News24.com | Afcon overshadows human rights abuses in Cameroonon January 24, 2022 at 5:28 pm
More than 1 000 Anglophone people arrested between 2016 and 2021 in relation to the Anglophone crisis, are behind bars in at least 10 prisons across the country, including 650 in Buea, 280 in Yaoundé, 181 in Douala and 101 in Bafoussam. Dozens have […]
- News24.com | Q&A | Behind the insurgency in Mozambique: 5 questions with a peace and justice researcheron January 24, 2022 at 4:29 pm
Behind gunfire, rape, kidnappings, destruction of public infrastructure, and a man-made hunger crisis in Cabo Delgado there are key drivers that should be dealt with if lasting peace is to be achieved in the insurgent-hit Mozambican province.
- News24.com | Botswana High Court upholds marijuana licence for single firm to produce cannabis for goodson January 24, 2022 at 4:01 pm
Gaborone High Court Judge, Christopher Gabanagae, has ruled in favour of a local company Fresh Standard (Pty) Ltd, in a first of its its kind case, in the country involving the cultivation and processing of cannabis sativa and industrial hemp.
- News24.com | Bible verse challenge: Why a Zimbabwean 'prophet' is offering R2m to SA youngsterson January 24, 2022 at 2:04 pm
In a bid to get youngsters off the streets, a Zimbabwean self-proclaimed prophet is offering up to R2 million in a bible verse challenge.
- News24.com | Burkina Faso President Roch Kabore detained at military camp by soldiers following mutinyon January 24, 2022 at 11:41 am
Burkina Faso President Roch Kabore has been detained at a military camp by mutinying soldiers, according to four security sources and a West African diplomat, following heavy gunfire around his residence on Sunday night in the capital Ouagadougou.
- News24.com | Zimbabwe central bank, business explore way to halt currency plungeon January 24, 2022 at 6:59 am
Zimbabwe's central bank and business leaders met Friday to explore ways to halt the plunge of the local currency against the US dollar, the Sunday Mail newspaper reported.
- News24.com | Cameroon govt says 16 killed in nightclub fireon January 23, 2022 at 7:06 pm
Cameroon's government said that 16 people were killed in a fire caused by fireworks in a nightclub in the capital Yaounde.
- News24.com | Giant Dangote oil refinery to begin production in third quarteron January 23, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Nigeria's giant new Dangote oil refinery will start processing crude in the third quarter of this year.
- News24.com | Guinea junta establishes council to lead transition to electionson January 23, 2022 at 2:45 pm
CONAKRY, Jan 22 - Guinea's junta on Saturday set up an 80-member council to act as a parliament during the country's transition to elections, according to a decree read on the state broadcaster, following a coup in September that ousted President Al
- News24.com | Gunshots heard in several Burkina Faso barrackson January 23, 2022 at 10:25 am
Gunshots were heard in several barracks in Burkina Faso on Sunday, including two in the capital Ouagadougou, military sources and residents told AFP.
- News24.com | WATCH | All the latest news videos from around Africaon November 9, 2021 at 12:14 pm
Watch all the latest news videos from around Africa