- Project Liberty – the plan to replace Facebookby Bloomberg on June 20, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Billionaire is pouring $100 million into an attempt to rebuild the foundations of social media.
- Bitcoin drops amidst mining crackdownby Bloomberg on June 20, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Bitcoin dropped over the weekend amid a focus on Chinese mine closures and potential regulatory scrutiny.
- New traffic fine rules kick in on 1 July — what you should knowby Jan Vermeulen on June 20, 2021 at 4:01 pm
Road Traffic Infringement Agency spokesperson Monde Mkalipi has revealed what motorists can expect in the coming weeks as Aarto is phased in.
- R250,000 for WordPress website and R1.1 million for a mascot – reportby Staff Writer on June 20, 2021 at 1:59 pm
The Department of Health also reportedly paid R1.1 million for a cow mascot for the NHI that originally cost R266,000 to animate.
- 7 hidden Gmail features to make your life easierby Dawid Snyders on June 20, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Gmail has some hidden features that make life easier, and they are a click away.
- Avoid this Wi-Fi hotspot — or your iPhone’s wireless functionality will breakby Staff Writer on June 20, 2021 at 9:42 am
A bug in Apple's iOS operating system causes iPhones to completely lose wireless functionality after connecting to Wi-Fi hotspots with a specific name.
- Former employee sues SABC for R262 millionby Bradley Prior on June 20, 2021 at 8:00 am
Former head of legal affairs Mafika Sihlali is suing the SABC, as well as three former high-ranking executives, for R262 million in damages.
- You can be fired for refusing Covid-19 vaccine in South Africaby Staff Writer on June 20, 2021 at 6:32 am
Employers must try and accommodate employees with legitimate objections to receiving the shot.
- Best-selling smartphones of all time — and one of them is an old Nokiaby Hanno Labuschagne on June 20, 2021 at 4:57 am
There are some surprises on the list of the top ten best-selling smartphones of all time.
- Major healthcare worker shortages – R460-million Gauteng hospital stands emptyby Bradley Prior on June 20, 2021 at 4:18 am
A hospital funded by the provincial government to the tune of R460 million stands empty in Gauteng.
- “Science is still evolving” on COVID-19 booster shots – WHO chief scientistby Bloomberg on June 20, 2021 at 4:12 am
As some governments and pharmaceutical officials prepare for Covid booster shots targeting more-infectious virus variants, health authorities say it’s too early to tell if they will be required.
- South Africa may be over-counting its Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine dosesby Staff Writer on June 19, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Because of the syringes being used, vaccinators are getting fewer doses per vial.
- Mobile data packages that don’t throttle torrentsby Hanno Labuschagne on June 19, 2021 at 10:58 am
South Africans who want to download torrents without being throttled have a number of mobile data packages to choose from.
- Afrikaans streaming service wants to take on Showmaxby Staff Writer on June 19, 2021 at 8:01 am
A new Afrikaans video streaming service has been launched, offering 15 original productions at a monthly price of R79.
- Huawei still a national security threat – US courtby Bloomberg on June 19, 2021 at 5:09 am
Huawei can’t subsidize the sale of its 5G telecom technology with federal funds earmarked for U.S. broadband development because the Federal Communications Commission properly determined the company is a national security threat, a U.S. appeals […]