- FDA advisors OK Pfizer COVID booster for seniors, high-risk groupsby Jim Wappes on September 17, 2021 at 9:02 pm
Lisa Schnirring | News Editor | CIDRAP NewsSep 17, 2021Experts approve a third dose for emergency use, and only for the most vulnerable.
- CDC: Moderna COVID vaccine most protective against hospital casesby Jim Wappes on September 17, 2021 at 7:43 pm
Stephanie Soucheray | News Reporter | CIDRAP NewsSep 17, 2021All FDA-approved vaccines, however, offer substantial protection against hospitalization.
- Key nursing home staff lag in COVID-19 vaccination, study showsby Jim Wappes on September 17, 2021 at 7:42 pm
Mary Van Beusekom | News Writer | CIDRAP NewsSep 17, 2021Vaccine uptake among certified nursing assistants, who provide most direct care, is only 49%.
- News Scan for Sep 17, 2021by Jim Wappes on September 17, 2021 at 7:39 pm
Pandemic weight gain in kidsLong COVID-19 risksPlague in WyomingH5N6 avian flu case in ChinaMarburg in Guinea winds down
- Studies show good COVID booster effect, waning 2nd-dose protectionby Jim Wappes on September 16, 2021 at 9:47 pm
Mary Van Beusekom | News Writer | CIDRAP NewsSep 16, 2021Israelis who got a booster dose had 11.3 times fewer COVID-19 infections.
- Experts, COVID vaccine firms detail ways to scale up fair distributionby Lisa Schnirring on September 16, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Lisa Schnirring | News Editor | CIDRAP NewsSep 16, 2021High-level groups and vaccine companies say there's enough vaccine, but several obstacles […]
- FDA signals apprehension about COVID-19 vaccine booster shotsby lmclerno_91236 on September 16, 2021 at 9:11 pm
Stephanie Soucheray | News Reporter | CIDRAP NewsSep 16, 2021FDA says any booster will have to affect deaths and hospitalizations, not just immune […]
- News Scan for Sep 16, 2021by lmclerno_91236 on September 16, 2021 at 8:13 pm
Pregnancy intention and COVID-19Kids' COVID-19 risksFood types implicated in outbreaksNovel orthopox in AlaskaMonkeypox in NigeriaMadagascar plague […]
- Study: Farmworkers at 4 times risk of COVID-19by Jim Wappes on September 15, 2021 at 9:02 pm
Mary Van Beusekom | News Writer | CIDRAP NewsSep 15, 2021Risk factors for being infected include outdoor work exposures, crowded living conditions, […]
- Two-dose J&J Ebola vaccine gives strong immune responseby Jim Wappes on September 15, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Lianna Matt McLernon | News Writer | CIDRAP NewsSep 15, 2021The regimen involves 2 different vaccines and was shown safe in adults and children.